Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
- You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
- You are called to help men, women, and children overcome homelessness.
- You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
- You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
- You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
We are pleased to offer:
Mel Trotter offers a competitive benefits package consisting of many unique benefits not found elsewhere, along with the traditional benefits for full time staff of insurance, time off, disability, and retirement. Some examples of our unique benefits available on-site to all staff are:
- Auto purchase program
- Free chiropractic services
- Free legal consultation
- Dental clinic serving those with and without insurance
- Certified counselor to assist with personal challenges
- Generous paid time off benefits
- Generous insurance options available, including medical, dental, vision, accidental, and more
We will trust you with:
- Provide solution-focused case management services with a goal of helping guests attain tools for successful recovery
- Regularly communicate with guests including one-on-one sessions with assigned guest; provide spiritual mentoring, and prayer if requested
- Demonstrate proficiency in the case management software and utilize it on a daily basis to receive and share information
- Assist with and encourage guest attendance at weekly classes
- Assist with placement and progress of guests in areas of their recovery
- Secure testimonies from guests during their stay and upon discharge in conjunction with Marketing department and Director of Spiritual Services; secure alumni contact information from guests who successfully discharge
- Communicate daily with management and other staff as needed to ensure policy and program guidelines are being met
- Work in conjunction with recovery assistants
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, outlook, powerpoint)
- Proficient with Case Management software platforms
- Professional, positive communicator, both written and verbally
- Highly organized, excels at time management and managing multiple projects
- Exhibits positive and effective leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Exhibits professional and ethical behavior