This full-time position is responsible for providing cleaning and interior maintenance of a private estate, as well as assisting with providing exemplary hospitality service to the Principals and their guests. This position is primarily located in Holland, Michigan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with cleaning, vacuuming, dusting floors, ceilings, furnishings, hallways, fixtures, bathrooms, mirrors, and emptying trash containers.
- Launder, iron, fold, and put away clothing and linens.
- Assist with interior window and screen cleaning.
- Scrub and polish floors.
- Clean and organize drawers, cabinets, and cupboards.
- Change bed linens and towels; make beds daily or when requested.
- Report maintenance/repair problems to Household Manager.
- Assist with the inventory of household supplies and tracking related costs.
- Assist with special events/dinner parties, including preparing proper table and linen setting, conducting set-up/tear-down of buffet and beverage stations, serving guests, assisting the Executive Chef, etc.
- Ensure services are performed at the highest level of quality and hospitality.
- Efficiently communicate with other staff; attentively listen, ask questions, work well with others, and demonstrate a desire to be part of a team.
- Assist with crucial duties of other staff if they are unavailable.
- Previous housekeeping and/or yacht industry experience required.
- Previous hospitality experience required.
- Training in and/or an eye for aesthetics is important.
- Excellent knowledge of household table etiquette, service, and entertaining protocol.
- Preservation of a peaceful household atmosphere is essential.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet requirements/needs.
- Must be responsible, dedicated, and dependable; neat and tidy in appearance; organized and reliable.
- Exemplify a positive attitude and demonstrate pride in service.
- Must be comfortable around pets.
- Attentive to details to ensure the highest level of service.
- The highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity to privacy must be exercised at all times.