Xray Tech - GVSU Health Center * Days - 40hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1401
FTE status: 1
The role of the Radiology Technologist is to perform general radiographic procedures. The responsibilities include various radiology tasks and patient care activities. The Radiology Technologist is responsible for assisting the clinic staff to provide medical support to the providers and encourage a sense of cooperation and teamwork among all Site Team Members. Must have excellent customer service skills and participate in quality improvement activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Require completion of a formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school and successful completion of board registry by ARRT.
- Require continuous ARRT registered.
- Require previous knowledge in the use of information systems and computer literate.
- Require current BLS certification.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Administers ionizing radiation in the production of radiographs.
- Positions and transfers patient
- Provide and apply immobilization devices as required.
- Selects proper technical factors on an individual patient basis
- Selects and operates equipment as directed.
- Ability to develop film in an automatic processor and/or operate a
- Computer Radiography System (CR).
- Provide lead protection in accordance to regulatory agencies.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required, which would include assisting with
- injections, blood draws, perform vitals (i.e. blood pressure, temperatures), help M.A.’s to room patients and record information into EPIC System, filing, and any other miscellaneous office activities (including
- non-clinical) when time allows or as requested.
- Practices good sterile technique and prevents cross-contamination.
- Evaluate and report equipment malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Make Radiographic Copies and burn CD’s as necessary
- Understands the radiology ordering process.
- Maintains par levels and request radiology supplies as deemed necessary.
- Attends departmental meetings and required in-services to maintain professional growth.
- Work to support the facility functions.
- Restock and maintain a clean work area.
- Ability to operate the Radiology System as needed.
- Follows department protocol in pre-exam procedures checking for previous exams, lab history when pertinent, and interviewing patient for health history and symptoms