Nurse Coordinator - Assisted Breathing Center/Med-Surg * Days - 36hrs/wk
Requisition #: req1406
FTE status: 0.9
The Clinical Coordinator is a Registered Nurse leader who assists in the management of
the nursing unit and coordinates nursing personnel and patient care activities.
- Michigan Registered Professional Nurse licensure required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. If hired after 8/1/2012 you will need to pursue and complete your BSN within 5 years from your date of hire.
- Master of Science in Nursing or related field, preferred
- Certification in clinical specialty, preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) provider – required
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Previous experience in the specific clinical area and patient population type.
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider – required (will train) (applicable to all departments except Childbirth Center)
- EMERGENCY DEPT: Trauma (TNCC or equivalent) and Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (or equivalent) (will train).
- CHILDBIRTH CENTER: Neonatal Resuscitation Certification and Fetal Monitoring Certification preferred. Competence in basic cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation required (will train).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Schedules staff based on budgeted patient care hours, skill mix and patient needs.
- Facilitates patient flow and daily operations of the department.
- Manages appropriate staff resources and allocate based unit activity and budgeted hours per unit.
- Provides clinical direction, evaluate staff performance, and complete evaluations on time according to schedule.
- Performs daily maintenance and payroll processes of time and attendance in ActiveStaffer and ReportXpress.
- Functions as a role model, demonstrating expertise in clinical judgment, technical skills, knowledge base and execution of the nursing process.
- Mentors staff in the nursing process and appropriate delegation.
- Participate in temporary assignment measures, as needed.
- Participates and serves on committees, task forces, and work groups at the department and hospital level as determined by the manager.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and revision of departmental and hospital standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge and consistently applies hospital and departmental policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional standards of care.
- Supports professional growth and staff development of all unit employees.
- Collaborate effectively with unit staff, department manager, other departments, physicians, and senior leadership.
- Manages situation in an effort to maximize safety and minimize risk.
- COMMUNICATION / CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills.
- Appropriately utilizes and promotes the use of the chain of command.
- Demonstrates and promotes excellent customer service
- Demonstrates knowledge of and respect for patients', families', and employees' rights, including confidentiality.
- QUALITY / OUTCOMES
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of quality management, infection control, and survey readiness activities.
- Actively promotes safety initiatives within department and hospital.
- Performs weekly audits to ensure compliance with nursing standards and policy.
- Achieves professional development goals as set in previous evaluation or counseling session with manager/director.
- Independently manages mandatory education and competency requirements.
- Demonstrates accountability for own professionalism including appearance, attendance, efficient use of time, attitude, and organization of personal work area.
- Supports change process and mentors others in the change process.