Job title: Supply Chain Planner
Department / Company: Supply Planning Team / Amway
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
The Global Supply Chain Planning team works collaboratively to schedule and distribute product globally, with our Ada based facilities, and global supply chain teams. This role will be a part of the Personal Care Supply Chain Planning team, which is responsible for supporting our business lines within our Personal Care plant. This team thrives on delivering product on time, while minimizing transportation and inventory costs, and delivering cost savings to the supply chain. This role will provide an opportunity for you to gain exposure across our supply chain operations and allow you to develop depth and breadth in planning knowledge.
How you would contribute to the role:
If you enjoy seeing the impact of your daily work, and enjoy the challenge of putting together a puzzle, this role may fit you well. In this role, you will be responsible for Master Scheduling. You will create the master schedules for select lines within the Personal Care Manufacturing plant and will work cross functionally across the supply chain. You will work on Finished Good planning, and capacity management. You will work collaboratively with other Planning Team members to manage constraints. You will also work on projects with a focus on new product launches, process optimization, improved service, and reduced inventory. Your insights to set up supply chains and effectively manage inventory in a global role, will deliver products on time to our ABO’s, whose businesses are built around a commitment of delivering Amway products on time.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supply chain role that has demonstrated your ability to offer business solutions
- Global supply chain planning experience
- Proficient knowledge of supply chain principles
- Proficiency with ERP systems (i.e. JDA, JDE) and Microsoft Office,(especially Excel)
- Understanding of supply chain business processes (Inventory, demand, forecasting, capacity planning, procurement, manufacturing, etc.)
- Learning agility to grasp analytical insights and interpret for meaningful solutions
- Ability to offer thought leadership and strategic recommendations for improvements
- Talent to lead teams, communicate concisely, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, or a related function. APICS certification is a plus.
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs