We are hiring a Strategic Benefits Consultant as part of the Compensation & Benefits team at Steelcase. In this role you will help lead the U.S. Health & Welfare and Retirement benefits by developing benefits strategy and implementing new initiatives. This role is a trusted advisor to senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
What You Will Be Doing:?
- Partnering with the benefit team and other business leads to analyze current programs, develop strategy and proposals, and manage the renewal processes?
- Cost benefits analysis
- Financial planning around the rate setting and cost of plans
- Provide benefit support for employees
- Maintain relationships with brokers and consulting partners
- Be a daily contributor to the Total Rewards team
Your Future Team:?
You’ll be an asset to the Compensation & Benefits team. You’ll report to the Director of Benefits. This is a subject matter expertise level individual contributor role.?
Who You Are:??
Required Skills and Competencies??
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of U.S. benefits experience exposure to both retirement and health & welfare benefits
- Experience performing research and technical analysis including benefits benchmarking
- Experience handling vendor renewals
- Experience conveying recommendations to management?
- Established track record of managing projects & processes?
- Experience building?financial?business case for benefit proposals?
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies?
- Master’s degree?
- Consulting experience
- Experience in SAP
- Proficient in healthcare claims data
Why People Choose to Work With Us:???
Our Compensation & Benefits team at Steelcase has the unique opportunity to directly impact how all Steelcase employees live and work. We are a global team of HR professionals working to continuously improve our employee experience. We take pride in being a people-centered business that focuses on investing in the growth, development, and overall wellbeing of our people.??
Who We Are:?
Organizations around the world trust Steelcase to help them create places that help people work better, be inspired, and accomplish more.?
We design, manufacture, and partner with other leading organizations to provide architecture, furniture, and technology solutions- accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 Steelcase dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading, publicly-traded company with fiscal year 2021 revenue of $2.6 billion.?
Our Approach to Hybrid Work:
At Steelcase, we know that work matters and can provide people with a deep sense of purpose. The workplace offers us a shared space designed for community, innovation and learning, a place to connect and conduct our most meaningful work. As such, our office is the primary hub for doing work, but by no means is it the only place.??
Steelcase employees have always had a say in where they work - whether that is in the office, at home, or somewhere in between. We will continue to maintain this practice as part of our larger hybrid work strategy.?
Our employees know their working style best, which is why they have the choice and control to choose how and where they work. This belief extends beyond just working on or off-campus, but also to where our employees work within our office. Because our life’s work is to create the best workplaces, our employees benefit from that expertise and quality in our own spaces.??
While flexibility varies by role and team, we support choice and control for our employees so they can choose the best place to do their best work.?
What Matters to Us:?
More than qualifications, we’re looking for talent and potential. We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to improve our global community. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different from themselves, building mutual respect and positive relationships. We invite people from all backgrounds and genders to apply. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.???
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. We are proud to be recognized for our inclusive workforce by the Corporate Equality Index for the past nine years.???
If you’re interested in Steelcase, but this isn’t the right time or role, join our Talent Community to be updated on future openings in your area(s) of expertise.