Betz Industries, Inc. is looking for a qualified, experienced and hands-on Controls Engineer to assist and oversee the design, creation, installation and maintenance of large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for foundry operations.
Controls Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in evaluating control systems, products, components, and applications.
- Assists in evaluating new manufacturing and control technologies, adapting into specifications as appropriate.
- Create and maintain electrical and control documentation.
- Identify shortcomings that could be opened by automation
- Design systems that can automate processes.
- Keeps equipment operating by performing periodic audits, troubleshooting breakdowns, requesting supplies, defining and reviewing preventive maintenance plans.
- Inspect systems to ensure they meet safety regulations.
- Will have frequent exposure to general manufacturing shop floor.
Controls Engineer Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of PLC programming and engineering experience
- Working knowledge of:
- Allen Bradley
- Factory Talk View Studio
- Working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives and DC drives.
- AutoCAD skills to draft schematics
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are necessary since reports and verbal explanations are frequent.
- Demonstrated self-starter and detail orientated is a must.
- A proven ability to work well within in a "Team-Based" work environment.
- 401(k) – with company match
- Pension - 100% company paid
- Health insurance – 100% company paid
- Dental insurance - 100% company paid
- Life insurance - 100% company paid
- Disability insurance - 100% company paid
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Time Off