Job title: Senior Social Media Specialist
Department / Division: Corporate Public Relations / Global Marketing
Location: Ada, MI
What’s special about this team:
Amway is the leading direct selling company in the world and this communications team is responsible for building clarity and credibility for the company, always with the goal of creating a more favorable environment for Amway Business Owners to build their businesses. The team develops and executes communications strategies to tell the Amway story to a global audience through various mediums, including include social media, original online content, media relations, issues management and more. The team operates from Amway’s World Headquarters and collaborates with myriad cross-functional partners, including Creative Solutions, Digital, Brand Marketing, Legal and Government Affairs, and global Amway affiliate teams around the world.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will develop social strategies, editorial calendars and content to support the Amway global enterprise. You will use your social media expertise, creativity and strategic thinking to oversee the Amway Enterprise social channels on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. This involves leading social strategies, content strategies, editorial calendar planning, content curation and development, community management and more. Your talent to help shape the enterprise’s overarching social media strategies will be valued in this unique role, providing a global platform for spotlighting your social and strategic skills. You also will help support and guide other Amway affiliates around the world in their social media efforts, developing global processes, best practices and communications to partner with these global teams. You will also oversee agency and contractor support for social media efforts, especially in content creation and community management. This diverse and visible role will highlight your communications talent and will provide broad exposures to global colleagues and audiences in a fun, fast paced, collaborative environment.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience leading social media/digital communication strategies, including social media community management and content creation
- Experience with social analytics including tracking, reporting, tagging, and understanding of content performance/usage and trends
- Demonstrated experience using Hootsuite or similar social media management platform
- Demonstrated superior communication and writing skills are essential
- Project management skills, planning, executing, and meeting project deadlines
- Talent to influence without authority, with tact and diplomacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- This position is NOT eligible for sponsorship