Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business. Watch this video to learn more about us.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
Member of a regional Competency Center covering Manufacturing Supply Chain activities in our 7 Manufacturing Plants and 2 Selling from Stock Distribution Centers facilities. Provides support throughout North America, to create, implement, and monitor standard processes and controls, and ensure Best Practices are used to support business requirements in are areas of “Capacity Management”, “Planning, Scheduling and Execution” and Material Flow and Warehousing”. Provides subject matter expertise to the end users and ensures system and process quality testing. Ensures the related systems, applications, and modules are designed, configured, tested and documented to specifications. Analyzes, researches and develops solutions to ensure the configuration and testing meet business requirements. Identifies opportunities to improve current business processes. Participates in and/or analyzes the development of system strategy by identifying and establishing the scope of the business requirements for various process areas. Provides leadership and support for improving business process.
Who you are:
You are someone who has:
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams within and outside assigned business areas.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to stay current with relevant business process and the computer systems and emerging technology to support those processes.
- Ability to understand customer sense of urgency and make independent decisions in stressful situations.
- Intuitive thinking for complex system problem resolution.
- Ability to analyze business or operational problems and design solution alternatives.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to develop project scope and action plans.
- Provide direction and assist process team members for implementation of changes.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience related to Supply Chain Management
Understanding of "Capacity Management," "Planning, Scheduling and Execution," and "Material Flow and Warehousing"
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.