Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
You will join an agile team breaking into a new, unchartered market segment by working on events throughout the country.
What you will be doing:
We are seeking an interior designer to join the Steelcase Event Experiences team. This designer will assist in creating progressive and dynamic settings that inspire the next generation of business events. You will be responsible for supporting the design team in composing environments that are guided by Steelcase research and insights, creating meaningful and thoughtful environments which provide high impact to client events.
You will provide multiple elements of design support with direct supervision by the team of senior designers. This designer will play a role in all aspects of design from early conceptual design through onsite project execution. You will focus on interior planning, furniture selections, accessory design concepts, and support producing presentation deliverables. This designer will also co-lead a furniture procurement process, critical to the design group’s approach to inventory strategies. Strong space planning skills, as well as proficiency in precise documentation is required.
Who you are:
You are excited to interpret Steelcase research and apply insights to new designs that influence the way people experience business events. Required Skills
- Good working knowledge of design and delineation of interior space types
- Ability to conceptualize thoughtful design concepts and then express them both verbally and through the drawings/deliverables
- Shows creativity in implementing design tasks from the team leader or other designers and peers
- Familiarity with furniture specifications, furniture ordering, and inventory administration
- High level of commitment
- Fast learner and team player
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Able to solve problems with a logical approach and within a time frame
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- Ability to become fluent in Steelcase stories and product portfolio
- Basic knowledge base of regional codes (Fire codes, exiting, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Able to work flexible hours including evenings or weekend (when on site)
- Travel approximately 25% is required. Peak travel seasons will be spring + fall
- Comfortable being part of an onsite design installation team
- AutoCAD 2D
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- MS Office environment proficient
Your Future Team:
Join the design facet of a multi-disciplinary team that is all about pushing the boundaries in the realm of meeting and event environments.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.