Medical Technologist - Laboratory * Days - 8hrs/wk
Requisition #: req439
FTE status: 0.2
Precisely and accurately performs/evaluates a variety of technical procedures by utilizing the accepted quality control techniques with the aid of automated, semi-automated, and/or manual methodologies. Also, performs diagnostic procedures in other laboratory sections and venipunctures as needed.
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- B.S. Degree and graduation from a NAACLS accredited school of medical technology and Certification by ASCP, AMT, or NCA (or eligible)
- B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or physics, and five years' full time experience in one or more medical laboratory areas within the last 10 years
- MLT(ASCP) certification and a Baccalaureate in medical technology and 3 years full time experience or Two years of military laboratory training, or two years of college, and 10 years' experience in one or more medical laboratory area, and HHS proficiency examination.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical procedures within the department accurately and precisely by following the established department policies and procedures.
- Enters test results accurately in the laboratory information system.
- Calls “critical value” or patient waiting” results within 10 minutes of test completion and documents the “critical value” was called, to whom it was called, read back and follow-up action if applicable.
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate results of various tests and to determine the technical accuracy of test results.
- Performs other duties as needed.