Job Title: Manufacturing Technician (Nights)
Department / Division: Nutrilite Spaulding Plant / Manufacturing
What do we need:
We are looking for a Manufacturing Tech to join our team in our Nutrilite Spaulding facility.
What’s special about this job:
The Nutrilite Spaulding Plant (NSP) manufactures soft gel products and produces powder and supplement pack sachets for Amway’s Nutrilite Brand of products. As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion. For employees who are currently an NXA 11 or higher, you will enter Spaulding as a Mfg Technician II (NXA 11) and will have 18 months to qualify into the position. For employees who are currently an NXA 10 or below, you will enter Spaulding as a Mfg Technician I (NXA 09). The Spaulding plant runs 24 hours a day, six days a week, and this position will work on the static night schedule. Shift schedules are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 6:30pm to 7:00am.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this versatile role, you will have the opportunity to learn all functional areas within NSP – from manufacturing soft gels, to operating the highly automated sachet packaging lines, to inline QA testing, and cleaning and sanitizing equipment. You will assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials, and schedules. Since this is a GMP regulated plant, it will be important to complete and maintain all required records and documentation. Over time as you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will also provide peer reviews and feedback to team members as well.
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs.
- Prior experience with manufacturing food products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in cGMP environment is a plus
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues and develop and enhance processes
- Willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- This plant manufactures products containing food allergens including but not limited to milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat / gluten, fish, shellfish, and egg
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.