Location - 7421 S. Westnedge, Portage, MI 49002
Store Hours - Monday to Saturday 7AM - 8PM and Sunday 9AM - 6PM
Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, and Easter
Advancement - We have several leaders that began as Sales Associates!
Benefits after 60 days! - You take care of our customers, so we take care of you!
Employee Discounts - 10% off your purchases!
Growing careers since 1897 and no end in sight!
Gordon Food Service Store, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, offers the fast pace of retail in an environment that lets you balance your life and foster development for future growth.
Our 176 stores are the primary supplier for many small food service operators, families, non-profit organizations, caterers and so much more!
Come help us champion a “Customer is King” environment and see why we set the bar for customer satisfaction in the retail industry!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
As a Full Time Fresh Merchandiser, you are vital in our Stores:
- determining amount and placing orders of fresh product from our vendors on a weekly basis, focusing on desired sales, in-stock, and margin shrink metrics
- maintaining freshness levels, dynamic presentation of product, and upholding safety/health standards in the cooler, fresh meat, and produce areas
- providing superior customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, suggestive selling, and assisting with special requests and express orders
- receiving, inspecting, and merchandising products accurately while ensuring proper rotation and quality
- executing on end cap and planograms alongside maintaining store backstock organization
- assisting with merchandising through sequencing, count verification, inventory adjustments, price verification, and sign maintenance
- safely operating power equipment, such as slicing equipment, tow motors, and forklifts
- adhering to the cornerstone values, philosophy, and applicable practices of Gordon Food Service
Does this sound like you?
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in a high school program OR have your high school diploma or GED
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- 1 year retail customer service experience with fresh products preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to provide superior customer service
- Able to multitask
- Work on your own or within a team
- Basic math and computer skills
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.