- Store Hours - Monday through Saturday 7AM-8PM; Sunday 9AM-6PM
- Holidays Off - We are CLOSED on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day and Easter.
- Advancement - High internal promotion rate and development programs available!
Gordon Food Service prides ourselves on the competitive wages and benefits offered:
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Plan
- Employee Assistance Programs
- ComPsych 24/7 Mental Health Support
- Employee Discounts - 10% off your purchases
- Beneplace Discount Program
Eligible employees can also take advantage of:
- Affordable Health Insurance
- Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- PTO and Flex time
- Bright Horizons Child and Elder Care
- Company Note Savings Program
- 12 Week - 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Free Health Management Resources and Programs
As a Van Delivery Driver you will be responsible for courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of products with a variable daily route. This role will operate the van in a professional and safe manner demonstrating attention to detail and safe work habits. Additional assistance with store operations before or after completion of route.
What does a day to day look like?
- Accurately locates and picks orders in-store for Wholesale customers
- Builds and maintains good customer relationships.
- Keep our customer happy with accurate, timely, deliveries of GFS products.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicle and equipment.
- Ensure accurate and efficient processing of customer purchases through the point of sale. Ensure security of assets including cash, checks, and merchandise by following policies and procedures.
- Accurately receive and merchandise products, ensuring proper rotation and product quality, end cap and planogram execution, top stock, freezer, cooler and backroom organization.
If this sounds like you, make sure you also meet these requirements:
- At least 1 year previous delivery driving experience and one year in customer service or related field preferred.
- Unrestricted Standard Operators License required.
- Must have a clean driving record (no drug or alcohol offenses in the last 5 years).
- You must be a minimum of 18 years old (required).
- Successfully pass our pre-employment checks, including a drug screen, criminal background check and motor vehicle report (MVR).
- Must be able to use a two-wheel cart with a load weighing up to 350 pounds.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs.
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.