Grounds Keeper - Position Summary
The Grounds Keeper will require a deep commitment to excellence and a desire to achieve the highest quality outcome. Full-time, hourly position reporting to the Directors of Commercial and Personal Real Estate. The Grounds Keeper will work under the supervision of the Facilities Manager and be responsible for completing their responsibilities and requirements in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform tasks to ensure the grounds of numerous commercial and residential properties are maintained in a professional manner and at the highest level.
- Assisting third party service providers whose responsibilities include: bark installation, seasonal plantings, tree care, turf care, irrigation service support
- Landscape maintenance, including: plantings, trimming, pruning, mowing, blowing, weed and pest control, plant care, spring and fall clean up
- Assist in Installation of and maintain plantings and seasonal decorations in pots, urns, and containers in and around downtown Holland businesses.
- Maintain and manage all irrigation systems.
- Maintain appearance of parks and commercial and personal building exteriors: Spider webs, litter, debris cleanup, emptying cans, power washing
- Snowplowing, shoveling, and snow removal.
- Responsible for maintenance and up-keep of all equipment and trucks.
- Installation of Christmas lights and décor.
- Engage in building maintenance projects as directed (primarily during the winter months).
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a part of a broader team
- Organized and good attention to detail
- Dependable, trust-worthy, and a commitment to confidentiality
- Strong history of landscape management
- MDARD – Pesticide Applicator Certification preferred (commercial or private acceptable)