Job Title: Manufacturing Technician (Night Team)
Department / Division: Nutritional Products Plant (NPP) / Manufacturing
Associate Technician - $18.00 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
Manufacturing Technician - $19.25 per hour plus $1.00 shift differential
Location: Ada, MI
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Manufacturing Tech to join our team in our Nutritional Products facility. The Night Team shift is 7:00pm to 7:30am and works Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night.
As a Manufacturing Technician in the plant, you will be part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations.
In this versatile role, you will have the opportunity to learn all functional areas within NPP – blending powder drink mixes, operating highly automated packaging lines such as cannisters, sticks and pouches lines, facilitating warehouse operations, QA testing, and cleaning and sanitizing equipment. You will assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), training materials, and schedules. Since this is a GMP regulated plant, it will be important to complete and maintain all required records and documentation.
Over time as you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will also provide peer reviews and feedback to team members as well. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion.
NOTE: This plant manufactures products containing food allergens including but not limited to milk, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat / gluten, fish, shellfish, and egg
- High school diploma
- Must be capable of lifting 0 – 50 lbs
- Attestation of English language ability – proficiently able to read, speak, and write in English in order to understand instructions, standard operating procedures, and safety warnings/notifications/trainings/processes
- Ability to read, interpret, and verbally communicate GMP & FDA documentation and regulation
- All above experience, plus:
- Prior experience with manufacturing food products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in cGMP environment
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Strong attention to detail/safety and a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to follow strict cleanliness/sanitation guidelines
- Organizational and time management skills
- The ability to trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues and develop and enhance processes
- Willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
Physical requirements of position:
- Frequent bending and continuous twisting for the purpose of working on equipment from below level to overhead, picking, gathering and packing orders from shelves to conveyors and loading and combining orders, adding raw materials to blends and weigh-up
- Frequent computer operation (e.g., typing, reading monitor, etc.) for up to 6 hours.
- Frequent gripping for up to 6 hours, for the purpose of operating hand and power tools, equipment hand controls, gripping ropes and/or chains, and selecting and grabbing product for mixing, packing, or shipping/receiving
- Continuous lifting and carrying of 50-pound packed boxes and equipment
- Continuous standing and walking up to 8 hours.
- Continuous use of upper body (arms, wrists, hands) for up to 12 hours
- Continuous twisting for the purpose of picking, gathering and packing orders from shelves to conveyors, adding raw materials in weigh-up and blending, and turning while driving moving vehicles
- Frequent climbing for the purpose of climbing on and off equipment on ladders.
What’s special about this facility:
NPP manufactures and packages powder drink mixes for the Amway Nutrilite Brand. This is a food-safe facility and has high standards for cleanliness and sanitation.
NPP operates 5 days a week, requiring technicians to work three 12.5-hour shifts. There are three production teams, one night shift team (7:00pm-7:30am) Monday night – Wednesday night and two rotating day shift teams (7:00am to 7:30pm). The day shift teams work either Monday- Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday, rotating every 5 weeks.
This role is “Not” eligible for sponsorship.