We are looking for Friendly Visitor Volunteers who are caring and compassionate people who are looking to provide comfort and dignity to Emmanuel Hospice patients and their families through regular, routine patient visits. They provide companionship, respite for the family, play board games, read to patients, provide a listening ear, and a friendly presence. Other duties may include helping with life reviews, memoirs, letter writing or phone calls. We are looking for a friendly volunteer to visit with Emmanuel Hospice patients who live at Clark Retirement Communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to volunteer at least 4 hours a month
- Able to create a life story and reminisce with patients and families
- Attends Emmanuel Hospice In-services and Trainings as needed
- Actively communicates with the Interdisciplinary Team as needed
- Provides accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services as provided for in the Emmanuel Hospice policies and submits in a timely manner