Phlebotomist *Days Laboratory- Resource
Metro Health is looking for a dynamic individual to join our Laboratory team. This individual will have completed at least 150 blood draws aRequirements:
- Minimum of High School Diploma, 1-2 years college (pre-med or pre-med tech) is desirable.
- Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant training/ experience preferred.
- Certification is preferred, after one year of experience with ASCP, ASPT, NCA, and AMT
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform correct venipuncture technique on inpatient and outpatients using appropriate equipment.
- Must obtain non-blood specimens (stool, urinalysis, sputum, etc) when necessary.
- Obtains Blood Culture specimens when necessary following procedure as outlined.
- Obtains outpatient newborn screen specimens when necessary following procedure on back of card.
- Follows patient identification policies as written.
- Monitors barcode and accession printers regularly and removes and sorts order (labels). Matches order to correct specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
Requisition #: req6226FTE status: 0