Studio C Meridian Mall, in Okemos, MI, is looking for someone who is fun, driven, compassionate, mature and also understands the importance of servant leadership for the role of Assistant Manager. This position is open to both part-time and full-time, although full-time consideration would require open availability.
Studio C exists to create space where story happens. In this role, you will support the General Manager & Assistant General Manager in building a healthy, safe & positive culture and ensure that we are providing what we call “Celebrated” service for all of our employees, vendors and guests.
If you like FREE movies, strive to be a servant leader and are passionate about delivering “Celebrated” service, then we encourage you to explore this opportunity today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist the General Manager & Assistant General Manager with the following:
- Oversee several areas of operation: ushering, concessions, group events, projection, guest relations, etc.
- Plan, identify, communicate, and delegate appropriate responsibilities and practices of cast members to ensure a smooth flow of operations
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of employees
- Ensure a well-maintained building and a safe, secure and healthy environment for our employees and guests
- Complete daily paperwork, cash handling and some basic accounting
- Display a guest centric attitude by modeling, coaching and bringing accountability to the team with an emphasis on “Celebrated” Service, trust, empathy, honesty, respect, courage, playfulness, transparency, and inclusion
- Oversee and ensure we follow company best practices and policies, as well as state and federal employment laws
- Attend management meetings and other meetings, as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- One year of leadership experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Enthusiastic, honest, empathetic, kind, self-motivated, well-organized, detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and responsible
- Able to work well within deadlines and under pressure
- Successfully manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Must be able to clearly communicate (writing & talking) and listen attentively to guests and employees.
- Ability to walk, stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, climb & descend stairs and frequently lift as much as 40 lbs.
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life, 401k, PTO and Long Term Disability- Must meet eligibility requirements
- Employee Assistance Program
- FREE Movies and Discounted Concessions
- A fun, friendly, and welcoming culture in an exciting industry with endless popcorn refills!
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Important Note: Please provide your availability within the application process, when prompted .