Director of Operations is responsible for overall success of the Engineering, Workforce Development, Manufacturing and Innovation teams. Provides a unified vision and leadership while driving DeWys Manufacturing towards 50 million, expansion and acquisitions by performing the following duties:for overall success of the Engineering, Workforce Development, Manufacturing and Innovation teams. Provides a unified vision and leadership while driving DeWys Manufacturing towards 50 million, expansion and acquisitions by performing the following duties:for overall success of the Engineering, Workforce Development, Manufacturing and Innovation teams. Provides a unified vision and leadership while driving DeWys Manufacturing towards 50 million, expansion and acquisitions by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides direction for the organization by developing short-term and long-term operational goals, budgets and business plans
- Works with other executive colleagues and departmental managers to implement plans and policies throughout the organization
- Determines ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall company performance. Ensure targets are being met.
- Updates the company’s executives and advisory board on organizational operations, and progress toward goals
- Works closely with the President of DeWys as well and the Director of Business Development to ensure continued growth of the company.
- Provide day-to-day leadership to organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company that won the Best and Brightest award.
- Create a vision for a fast-growing company with more than 200 employees.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead and research the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to a cross functional team that includes, manufacturing, engineering, workforce development and innovation. Provide excellent communication and organizational skills that ensure a result-oriented team.
- Be on the leading edge of technology and business trends to ensure creativity and innovation for future growth of the organization.
- Instill and promote the DeWys culture and Road To Success (one page strategic plan) to all team members.
- Lead by example with excellent people skills.
- Ensures safety for all team members.
This position will provide leadership to the Manufacturing, Engineering, Workforce Development and Innovation teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from college or university; or 10+ years related experience in leadership. Prefer 5+ years of manufacturing experience. Must possess good working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Word and Excel. Outstanding verbal and written skills. Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills required.
About DeWys Manufacturing:
Founded in 1977, DeWys Manufacturing Inc. began as a "one man" metal shop in West Michigan. Over 40 years later, we currently employ roughly 200 team members, serve over 11 different industries, and more than 160 different clients located in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin and across the United States. Today, we are continuing our success under the leadership of CEO, Jon DeWys, President, C.T. Martin and Vice President, Mark Schoenborn. As a leadership team they direct a highly qualified management team with years of experience.
Having outgrown several smaller facilities, we operate a circle of five distinct companies under the DeWys Manufacturing umbrella offering a variety of manufacturing services to our customers. The circle of companies capabilities include precision sheet metal, machining, powder coating, contract manufacturing, and product assembly. These expanded capabilities allow us to serve a wider range of businesses and industries.
Unlike other companies, team members are seen as problem solvers, experts, and leaders of ingenuity instead of using specific job titles. This helps to create a work environment which encourages innovation, boosts production, and remains fresh and motivating. At DeWys Mfg. we are focusing more on our culture as we continue to grow and move further down our road to success. The three main principles that make up DeWys’ Cultural Road to Success are Values, Attitude, and Beliefs. We feel that finding the right fit within a new hire is important for both DeWys and the new team member.
To learn more about DeWys Manufacturing Inc, please visit www.dewysmfg.com.
Please send resume to apply. Once reviewed, you will be contacted by DeWys' HR team with additional application tasks