Are you ready to drive commercial motor vehicles, solve transportation mysteries, and help Amazon deliver world class service to our customers?
As a Yard Specialist, you will be a vital member of Amazon Transportation Services. Yard Specialists will operate vehicles as assigned to perform trailer moves, coordinate yard activities (such as check in, traffic flow, internal communications with docks, etc.), conduct yard audits, and complete driver training programs (Hostler, CDL School, etc.) in accordance with business need to support Amazon’s transportation network.
Candidate must be at least 21 years old. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
As a Yard Specialist you will:
· Adhere to company rules and regulations and make safety a priority at all times
· Perform various functions within the yard, support site operations teams, internal transportation field teams, and external carriers to ensure all trailers arrive and depart on time with zero defects and to maintain a fluid trailer pool
· Operate Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMVs) in yard to move trailers to/from dock and parking locations and over the road as required while staying on predetermined routes and using approved equipment
· Comply with DOT regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, violation and incident reporting requirements, break periods, etc.) as well as with company policies and procedures
· Complete driver vehicle inspection reports on equipment and notify managers of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered
· Follow delivery schedule, track and report working hours and breaks at appropriate times, obey all applicable traffic laws, and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions
· Work at locations within node on an as needed basis to support the business, 40 hours/week and overtime as required
· Dive, maneuver, and load/unload a truck using approved equipment (pallet jack, etc.), with or without reasonable accommodation
· Lift up to 49 pounds, stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, with or without reasonable accommodation
· Federal driver qualification 49 CFR 391.11(b)(2) ability to read and speak English language sufficiently to converse with general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and make entries in reports and records
Hourly Rate: $17.50
Benefits include health care (medical, dental, vision) coverage starting on day 1 as well as 401(k) with company match, holiday/overtime pay and employee discount. Amazon offers a range of fully paid Maternity and Parental Leave options for parents prior to, and following, the birth or adoption of a child. Relocation assistance is not provided. All individuals with physical or logical access to Amazon property, data and/or customers, must successfully complete a background check prior to commencing work for or on behalf of Amazon.
For consideration, a resume must be uploaded to your profile! Successful candidates will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment drug screen, a criminal background check, and a motor vehicle record check.
For basic qualifications, we require:
· Must be at least 21 years old
· A high school or equivalent diploma
· A valid state-appropriate driver’s license and eligibility to drive in accordance with DOT requirements
· 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, including email management, scheduling, updating spreadsheets, report writing, etc.
For preferred qualifications, we prefer:
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with diverse audiences
· Ability to follow and enforce safety measures and policies to all who enter the yard, including vendors and senior team members
· A commitment to build strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues and outside vendors
Related Military Occupational Specialties: Army Career Field 88 (88M Motor Transport Operator, 88N Transportation Management Coordinator, etc.), 3531 Marine Corps Motor Vehicle Operator, EO Navy Equipment Operator and 2T1 Air Force Vehicle Operator.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.