What’s special about this job:
The Direct Procurement Department is a talented, fun team of 12 individuals who are responsible for developing sourcing strategies, negotiating, contracting and managing supplier relationships. The team supports the different categories that are produced by our Manufacturing operations. As a Sourcing Manager on the team, you will bring Procurement acumen to the category you will be supporting and help influence strategies and optimize supply chain spend with that business partner. This role reports directly to the Manager of Global Sourcing. If you have a desire to be an integral part in the development of new products driving growth and impact the bottom line of Amway, this could be a good fit for you.
How you would contribute to the role:
Your focus will be on creating strategies for the chemcial category, and driving actions that will optimize and evolve the products. You will support ITM teams in new product development, which will include developing sourcing strategies to determine which supplier solutions will meet our long term requirements, and the selection, negotiation, and contractual agreements with those suppliers. You will focus on cost management through value engineering, negotiation and bidding. You will own the supplier relationships, guiding the outcome of successful partnerships. You will seek solutions for challenges that arise, and help influence strategies of your internal business partners. Some travel will be required for supplier visits. Your ability to lead and influence teams, and nurture these supplier relationships will continue to drive our business forward.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field
- A minimum of 6 years industry related experience, with a preference towards Supply Chain, Manufacturing or R&D is preferred.
- Ability to be an effective, strategic decision maker and see the bigger picture
- Strong ability to influence and work with internal and external business partners
- Ability to comprehend legal contracts and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to guide and provide informal leadership to cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our web site to apply: www.amway.jobs
Interested in a virtual tour of our Ada campus? Simply click Explore Our Campus and click on the colored icons to scroll and navigate the views and information.