The EDI & Systems Integration Team Manager leads and directs our EDI and integration teams, identifying needs and opportunities for maintaining and improving our 3rd party partner integrations. This includes thousands of customers, vendors and other partners who transact with Gordon Food Service digitally. Works with a small development team to maintain and enhance our in-house built trading partner application, batch jobs and data feeds. Responsible for ensuring the reliability of our EDI infrastructure, working with architects, internal server/storage/network teams and managing the relationship with our 3rd party software vendors. Develop and implement sourcing strategies and programs to attract and retain both permanent and globally sourced contract staff.
What you will do:
- Monitor current trends in technology and staff sourcing, maintain awareness of competitive threats and architectural opportunities, and prepare application/platform roadmaps that address these trends and issues.
- Facilitate the identification and selection of technology solutions.
- Evaluate risks and develop plans and actions to mitigate those risks.
- Manage team budget; establish and own the technical roadmap and analyze trade-offs between usability, security, and performance needs.
- Work with other IT Leadership to determine priorities and resolve resource constraints.
- Assist business partners and business transformation teams in the identification, prioritization, and documentation of systems enhancements.
- Deliver strategic projects while adhering to project management disciplines, development methodologies, and architectural standards.
- Ensure that systems meet service level agreements, internal controls, and adhere to Information Security policies & standards. Facilitate and improve Information Technology processes by participating in various leadership forums (e.g. Quality Action Teams).
- Ensure that the portfolio of systems within their domain remain technically viable, are modernized and our strategic vendors maintain key software products
- Serve as a liaison between Gordon Food Service departments and Information Technology teams.
- May participate in on-call rotation for escalation purposes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Leading candidates will have:
- Eight years previous information technology experience with two years previous supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field required
- Knowledge of EDI terminology, communication protocols and document types
- Ability to collaborate directly with senior sales leaders, customers and vendors
- Exposure to concepts of load balancer, firewalls, TCP, TLS, SSH, automated testing of APIs, software code repositories, CI/CD etc.
- Familiarity with cXML & punch-out processes.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized and have strong planning skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize and be able to work independently or within a team environment.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.