Order pulling, packaging, assembly, and loading of accurately picked orders for delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Be friendly to every external and internal customer/potential customer you come in contact with and assist them to the best of your ability. If you are unable to assist them, politely put them in contact with the correct person who can.
- Understand the layout of the warehouse/yard and bin location system, as well as the different types of product Etna stocks.
- Pick product in bin location order then neatly package, separate, palletize, stretch wrap, and/or secure to pallet. Protect pallet from weather damage with plastic wrap.
- Gather materials/products in the yard to package/assemble for shipment.
- Complete accurate order pulling counts and shipping documents, including accurate products to picking document and accurate shipment containers listed.
- Ensure all product is loaded, nothing is left behind, all product is tagged correctly, and product is loaded in correct order.
- Securely tie down loads and make sure there are no defective straps.
- Prevent shipping errors and inventory errors through verifying of one’s own work.
- Mark all products for delivery with customer’s name and carton count.
- Sign, date, and completely fill out all shipping documents/freight bills.
- Use care in the handling of all materials and or products.
- Assist in the upkeep and general housekeeping of the warehouse/yard.
- Perform all scheduled daily hi lo inspections and track and be aware of scheduled maintenance.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills with or without using a calculator.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Computer literate.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to maintain accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong spatial skills for efficient and maximum loading of trucks.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Six months related experience or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in Plumbing/Waterworks industry is desirable.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive hi-lo.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand; push, pull, carry, grasp, handle, and use fingers; and bend and stoop.
- Regularly required to sit; climb, kneel, and reach; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally required lift up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily inside but must go outside occasionally with possible exposure to extreme weather.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening