Responsible for performing general accounting functions for multiple entities affiliated with RDV Corporation, contributing to a culture of team-work, innovation, critical thinking, and outstanding customer service. Primary areas of emphasis include financial reporting and analysis, coordination of accounts payable functions, and customer service.
Culture of Care
At RDV Corporation, we recruit only the most talented people who are highly capable, energetic, positive, results focused, and who naturally contribute to a premier service-oriented culture. In turn, our employees experience competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits programs that enhance their lives and experiences. They also enjoy a workplace that is meaningful, engaging, and collaborative; a place where they can grow their career in the vibrant heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Report Creation & Analysis
- Create reports using accounting and business intelligence software, as well as Excel and other applications that will provide the necessary data and insights.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for assigned entities.
- Research and prepare variance analysis with explanations.
- Primary contact for all accounting needs of assigned clients/entities.
- Review data for assigned entities on a regular basis to spot trends and present insights prior to client communicating an issue.
- Oversee work of and mentor Accounts Payable Specialist assigned to shared entities.
- Coordinate invoice and check processing.
- Review new vendors, account reconciliations, and invoice coding.
- Administer the corporate credit card program including processing reports, reconciling to the general ledger, and troubleshooting user issues.
- Process 1099 and 1096 forms.
Communication and Problem Resolution
- Build strong working relationships with and serve as liaison to family members, entity staff, co-workers and management by providing exemplary customer service.
- Research and summarize data, offer solutions, and elevate issues when required using discretion and judgment.
- Assist with accounting projects. Examples include set up of an electronic invoicing and payment system, implementation of BI reporting, and process documentation.
- Contribute to process improvements and efficiency initiatives within the Financial Services accounting group.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Elements of Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 5+ years of related work experience required.
- Strong user of accounting software programs and Microsoft Excel with a history of leveraging technology, including business intelligence applications.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality, while also looking at the big picture. Strong ability to analyze data, spot relevant trends, and communicate potential outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, communicate, and follow through on projects. Proactive communicator.
- Work independently and be self-directed. Make decisions on a daily basis with minimal guidance.
- Positive and professional demeanor, with a service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in a professional and highly confidential corporate environment.
- Uncompromised commitment to the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities.