LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - Acute Care Telemetry * Days - 36hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS)
As supervised and delegated by a Registered Nurse (RN), the Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Michigan Practical Nurse licensure.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) provider—required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- DATA COLLECTION—Under the direction of an RN, Physician or Advanced Practice Provider (APP), contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by an RN, Physician or APP
- PLAN IMPLEMENTATION—Assist in the implementation of a plan of care developed by an RN.
- EVALUATION—Assist the RN in evaluation of effectiveness of care given.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS—Demonstrate competency in selected psychomotor skills as allowed within the LPN scope of practice.
- PATIENT TEACHING—assist the patient/family in learning appropriate self-care techniques as directed by the RN and patient teaching guidelines.
- DOCUMENTATION—Document concise, accurate and timely information in the patient care record.
- PATIENT/FAMILY RIGHTS—Demonstrate knowledge of and respect for patient and significant others’ rights, including confidentiality.
- SAFETY/RISK MANAGEMENT—Follow established standards in provision for safety.
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE—Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following established standards, remaining calm, informing the RN, and documenting events.
- KNOWLEDGE BASE—Assume responsibility for knowledge of and adherence to approved structure and process standards for select patient populations.
- ACCOUNTABILITY—Demonstrate an awareness of and assume responsibility for own nursing practice which falls within the prescribed scope of practice for LPNs as defined in the Occupation Regulation Sections of the Michigan Public Health Code and the Administrative Rules of the Michigan Board of Nursing.
- SELF DEVELOPMENT—Participate in required mandatory education programs and continuing education programs to meet organizational requirements.
- VALIDATION—Seek guidance and validation of knowledge base, skill level, and decision making as necessary, especially in areas of question, from assigned RN.
- LEGAL ISSUES—Demonstrate awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care/department function and actively support risk management activities.
- GOAL ATTAINMENT—Participate in development and attainment of self, department, and nursing services goals and objectives.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE—Participate in quality assurance activities.
- COMMUNICATION—Communicate all pertinent information, including findings, problems, concerns, or ideas to assigned RN in a timely and effective manner.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIPS—Promote a constructive/positive atmosphere within the work area by demonstrating the ability to cooperate with and assist fellow healthcare team members as well as patients and their families.
- FLEXIBILITY—Demonstrate flexibility in staffing patterns and resolution of staffing conflicts; participate in temporary assignment measures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req5743FTE status: 0.9