Manages supply chain functions including, but not limited to, purchase orders, trucking, and delivery of domestic and international shipments. Responsible for inventory management, reporting, customer service and working with NA Imports and Commodities team to execute buys. Supports operations and collaborates with others across all areas of the business. Helps sustain customer experience, forecasting, inventory and global supply chain best practices. Serves as the first line of communication with suppliers to maintain awareness of delays and shortages and keep other members of the Imports and Commodities team updated as needed.
- Develops and maintains good relations with vendors, carriers, internal and external customers. Collaborates with these parties to understand quality and/or service problems.
- Create and Change system data to support the proper flow of transactions within ERP. This includes material, business partner, plant and dependencies.
- Manages daily transactions as outlined by others including purchase orders (creation, confirmation, monitoring, late delivery resolution, expediting), shipping orders and delivery.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to work individually or in teams, interact with others across departments/roles, develop relationships, etc.
- Ability to maintain knowledge of the product categories and suppliers to drive business decisions.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously.
- Ability to problem solve and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Results oriented with strong determination to succeed.
- Positive attitude with a commitment to learning and desire for personal and professional growth.
?Minimum of two years previous Logistics or supply chain experience with analytical abilities and working knowledge of the supplier community and the food service industry preferred.
We take care of each other at Gordon Food Service. Employees love our competitive benefit plans, which include all the things you would expect and a few that you might not!
Get a quick glance at who we are and the impact you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our table for you!
Be part of an amazing culture where what matters to you, matters to us!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.