MRI Tech I - Radiology * Days - 24hrs/wk
Responsibility to perform various MRI procedures that require independent judgement. As a registered MRI technologist, the work will include ordering, injecting, and scanning of the patients. This position requires independent judgment and assumes responsibility for designated area. A high regard for patient and staff safety in the presence of a strong magnetic field is a must. The technologist also assumes responsibility for designated area.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Satisfactory completion of formal radiographic technology program in an AMA-approved school and successful completion of board registry by ARRT.
- Preferably a member of either ASRT or MSRT or both.
- Minimum of 6 months experience in MRI or will cross-train an individual that is ARRT registered.
- Current BLS certification - Basic life support.
- Maintain ARRT certification.
- Demonstrate the appropriate knowledge of all protocols and parameters.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the injection rates for each scan protocol.
- Understands the effect of transfer, reformats, removes, display and archives images.
- Screening of patients and other individuals who will be entering the scan room
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the PACS and RIS systems.
- Recognizes and applies the appropriate prep for each exam performed.
- Cite the scan parameter of each anatomical study performed.
- Ability to assemble the appropriate sterile and non-sterile equipment setup for each special procedure.
- Assist radiology nurse in sedation procedures and follow the appropriate prep listed for specific exams.
- Proficient at starting P.V.A.D’s when necessary.
- Apply the appropriate coil for procedure performed.
- Understands the difference between Non-Ferrous vs. Ferrous equipment.
- Practices good safety precautions when handling ferrous equipment around the MRI unit.
- Participates in rotating on-call duties in the department.
Category: Health Care
Requisition #: req2641FTE status: 0.6