Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking; we embrace wellbeing in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
Your goal in this position is to develop strategies to support the long-range goals for the corporation relative to
- Benefits and Retirement
- Wellness and medical practices/policies
- Disability management system and worker’s compensation practices
- Counseling and referral services
- Voluntary benefits
You will work to ensure that all programs meet employee needs and are balanced with the company philosophy and follow all applicable laws. You will oversee the design, implementation, compliance, and maintenance of programs in each area.
- Consults with executive management to identify the strategic direction of benefit systems to support global company objectives. Identifies needs and trends and develops recommendations for change. Directs implementation of all changes and oversees required communication. Ensures compliance of benefits programs with all U.S. federal and state requirements.
- Owns and leads processes to promote general wellness, support employees, and provide a safe work environment. Includes programs to reduce or eliminate occupational illnesses, injuries, deaths and related losses.
- Conducts and directs research to identify employee and/or corporate risks and needs; ensures alignment of functional resources with strategic corporate direction.
- Manages vendors and monitors the success of processes via established measures and directs reengineering efforts for continuous improvement. Ensures support for the process and project efforts of other HR areas.
- Supports the integration of benefits, medical services, safety, disability management and workers' compensation processes. Ensure an appropriate range of medical and psychological services is available for employees and other eligible parties.
- Directs the design, development, implementation, integration, testing, and administration of all Human Resource/Payroll Information Systems (HRIS) related to benefits.
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas, cross-functional work teams, colleagues from other regions and subsidiaries.
- Direct and manage staff, provide direction and leadership, conduct performance reviews, development assessment and coaching. Establish and manage departmental budget.
Who you are:
- Advanced managerial skills in planning, organizing, budgeting, motivating/developing others, as well as demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present to all levels of the company and external audiences.
- Strong business acumen.
- Thorough understanding of the global Steelcase culture and implications on programs and practices.
- Very strong interpersonal and consultative skills, including the ability to effectively promote ideas and negotiate at all levels of the company and with government regulatory agencies.
- Strong understanding of motivation theory.
- Strong analytical skills, experience with data management and attention to detail.
- BS, BA or MBA in Business/Finance.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources, with extensive work in Benefits, Workers' Compensation, Health or related area.
- Extensive knowledge of benefits theory, practices, and law.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.