What’s special about this job:
The Plastics Plant manufactures and produces screen printed plastic products that support multiple operations across Amway Manufacturing. This high-volume plant provides the opportunity to learn, develop, and grow into multiple skillsets across a variety of roles with training and development opportunities available. This versatile environment allows you to flow-to-work as needed, keeping up moving and engaged. As a Packaging Technician in the plant, you will be a part of a collaborative team, learning all aspects of the plant’s operations. This role will have a focused career progression with a skill development system that allows for multiple avenues to promotion. This role will operate on a 2nd shift schedule working Monday - Friday from 3:00pm – 11:00pm. This position may require scheduling flexibility to train on 1st shift (7:00am - 3:00pm, Monday - Friday) up to three months based on capability. Amway Manufacturing operates in a OneTeam structure with a skill development system to help you succeed. To get a look into our operations and how you can grow your career, please CLICK HERE.
How you would contribute to the role:
This diverse role will allow you to learn all functional areas within the Plastics Plant. This proactive culture provides you with the opportunity to learn all of these functional areas within the Plastics Plant. You will have the opportunity to learn and develop in all aspects of Screen Print Packaging, Blow Mold Packaging, and the Warehouse Operation. As you develop in your career, you will train other team members on proper standards and operating procedures and will provide peer feedback to team members as well.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- Strong attention to detail/safety with high level of accuracy, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative with strong communication skills and team-focus
- Accountability for trust and follow through on commitments with team members
- The drive to understand the root cause of issues, develop, and enhance processes with willingness to adapt to different approaches, ideas, tools, techniques, and processes
- Prior experience with manufacturing plastic products, troubleshooting and repairing manufacturing equipment, or working in a warehouse environment is a plus
- Ability to navigate computer systems effectively (PMC, WinSPC, DcLink)
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- High School diploma
If you can see yourself as part of this collaborative environment, visit our website to apply: www.amway.jobs.