Are you ready to hit the road and take your driving career to new heights? We're seeking passionate and skilled individuals to join our team as a CDL B Delivery Driver! If you've got a love for the open road and a commitment to exceptional customer service, then buckle up and get ready for the ride of your life. As a CDL Delivery Driver, you'll be the driving force behind our success, ensuring that our goods reach their destinations safely and on time. Join our dynamic team and let your skills steer you towards a fulfilling and rewarding journey. Apply now and let's roll towards a future full of adventure and opportunity! CDL B required!
We offer great benefits, quarterly bonuses, paid time off, 401k with company match, No Sundays, overtime opportunities and so much more!
CDL B Local Delivery Driver Job Summary:
Driving trucks and loading/unloading materials to fulfill customer and company needs.
CDL B Local Delivery Driver Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Be familiar with the territory in which deliveries are made and accomplish the work efficiently.
- Make deliveries promptly while maintaining a friendly and helpful relationship with the customer.
- Secure all materials to prevent accidents, damage, and/or loss.
- Use care in the handling of all materials, products, and equipment.
- Sign, date, and completely fill out driver logs with accurate record of stops, operating hours and vehicle inspection.
- Adhere to federal, state, local driving laws and DOT and FMCSA regulations, such as pre-trip inspections and driver logs.
- Assist customers in the unloading and loading of delivered goods.
- Keep and use tarps on loads during poor weather conditions.
- Maintain vehicle fluid levels, air pressures, and vehicle cleanliness inside and out.
- Back up warehouse personnel
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local driving laws.
- Working knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations.
- Ability to drive safely and obey and adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
- Effectively use GPS, read maps, and follow directions.
- Effective use of cell phone and hands-free equipment while driving.
- Effective communication, customer service, and stress management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills with or without using a calculator.
- Maintain professional image as a representative of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; or
- Two years commercial driving experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in Plumbing/Waterworks industry is desirable.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Valid CDL License - requirement of class B with acceptable driving record
- Current DOT medical certificate
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to talk and hear; climb and balance; lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to walk and stand; reach, handle, and grasp; stoop, crouch, and kneel; and lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, depth perception, and color vision.
- Work performed primarily outside.
- Exposure to extreme weather, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Pass substance abuse screening. #IN23