The BDT/eCF team is looking for a smart, talented engineer with a solid technical background to join the engineering team. Amazon’s technology connects millions of businesses of all sizes to hundreds of millions of Customers within the Amazon.com marketplaces worldwide. Our platform, at Amazon-scale, enables customers to process native SQL, machine learning, and other functional transformations using Apache Spark, executing over schema’d data stored in S3, and to seamlessly write those curated datasets out to front end caches like Dynamo, Redis and ElasticSearch. Additionally, we enable these same sets of functional transforms over streaming data, enabling customers to transition seamlessly between Streaming, Batch, Cache and Analytics as needed to meet customer demand.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a significant contributor to your team as you build, scale, monitor, and optimize the next generation of services that will leverage massive amounts of data to make vendors and sellers more successful on the Amazon merchant platform.
The successful candidate will have a background in the development of distributed systems, a solid technical ability, good communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. We are looking for an awesome engineer with the following skills:
· At least 3+ years of software development experience
· Strong OO analysis, design, and development skills in Java
· Strong analysis, design and development skills with NoSQL databases.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Works well in a fast-moving team environment and is able to produce solutions having complex dependencies and requirements
· B.S. in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3+ years of software development experience
- Strong OO analysis, design, and development skills in Java
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a fast-moving team environment and is able to produce solutions having complex dependencies and requirements
- B.S. in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, REST, Gremlin, Tinkerpop, Kafka
- Experience with AWS tech such as Rredshift, EMR, Dynamo, Kinesis
- Experience working with large commercial relational database systems (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Experience developing Unit Tests using tools such as JUnit, NUnit, MSTest to verify your code quality.
- Experience in the building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred.