RN - Registered Nurse - Gastroenterology * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1025
FTE status: 1
Under the direction of the Office Manager and Medical Director, provides patient care by conducting patient assessments, administering treatment and medication, performing diagnostic tests, and arranging patient follow-up. Conducts telephone triage according to established protocols and records medical history completing documentation in medical record. Coordinates patient care acting as liaison with other organizations. Promotes and restores patient health by completing the nursing process. Collaborates with Care Team to facilitate care coordination.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Current State of Michigan License (unrestricted) as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. If hired after 8/1/12, BSN must be completed within 5 years of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) required.
- Previous outpatient experience preferred.
- Conducts telephone triage according to established clinical protocols educating patients and guiding them to appropriate care.
- Maintains an active nursing appointment schedule for assisting providers in the management of patients with acute and chronic conditions.
- Identifies patient care requirements by completing the nursing process.
- Provides condition specific patient education and anticipatory guidance under the direction of providers.
- Assists care manager and provider in follow-up management of post-hospitalized or post emergency room visits.
- Screens patients for care opportunities and collaborates with treating provider to identify referrals to care management.
- Communicates and coordinates with care team on clinical issues related to patient care.
- Administers medication and treatment according clinical protocols and provider oversight.
- Maintains clinical documentation in the electronic medical record (EMR) and completes forms associated with patient care.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing patients with emotional support and comfort.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection prevention and control standards.
- Maintains and protects patient confidentiality.