Title: Quality & Training RN
Location: All locations; primary office at Porter Hills Village, 3600 E. Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Hours: Full time days (exempt status)
Position Summary: The Quality and Training Specialist, under the direction of the Vice President of Quality & Compliance, will be responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and coordinating our staff educational curriculum, assist with administering/presenting staff training programs, and provide support for the tracking and trending of quality initiatives and data in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, coordinate, and direct the training programs of direct and in-direct care staff.
- Assist in developing education, training and quality related policies and procedures for all departments within Chelsea Retirement Community.
- In conjunction with department managers, assume the authority of ensuring our employees are compliant with mandated annual education and training.
- Provide support to and work in conjunction with the Quality & Infection Control M.A. for the administration of new staff TB screens, annual Flu clinic, Hep B vaccines and other vaccinations as deemed appropriate by the VP of Quality & Compliance.
- Ensure new staff and current staff training records are current and accurate.
- Support staff training of the facility’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and provide support for troubleshooting software issues.
- Oversight and facilitation of the organization’s Preceptor program.
- Implement and maintain a system of directing, evaluating, recording, and reporting quality initiatives and training outcomes.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Current State of Michigan RN License.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as an educator or in a training capacity in a healthcare setting, preferably Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living environments.
Quality & Training Nurse (RN)
Number of Openings
Porter Hills Village
About the Organization
Porter Hills is a care provider of choice in West Michigan, with a strong reputation and 43+ years of experience. Porter Hills invests in knowledge, programs and services that are redefining quality of life for seniors and their families in West Michigan. We model innovative practices that integrate care, community and commerce in exciting new ways. We lead strategic collaborations that bring out the best in the elder care sector for the benefit of all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.