Manager – Global Functional Financial Planning and Analysis
Financial Planning and Analysis
What do we need:
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Global Functional FP&A area responsible for providing financial leadership to global function division leaders within the company.
What’s special about this team:
This is a team of highly motivated Financial Analysts, providing direct financial oversight to global divisions within the company such as Digital, IT, Human Resources, Finance, Legal and others. Each Financial Analyst works directly with one or more of the divisions of Amway. You would be reporting to the Director of Supply Chain Finance and Functional FP&A.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will be asked to lead a team of 6 Financial Analysts located in Ada and a Center of Excellence. This will involve managing part of the team from a distance, utilizing Amway’s suite of digital collaboration tools for communication, as well as the potential for limited travel. The team will be asked to provide financial consultation and decision support in helping our business partners make well-rounded business decisions. The divisions you will support combine for annual operating spend in excess of $500M and approximately $60M in Capital.
You and your team will:
- Provide decision support on key global projects and initiatives, including capital business cases
- Manage the financial implications for the annual operating plan, quarterly business reviews, and long-range business plans
- Manage ongoing financial performance to plan and outlook
With this Manager role, you will have Staff Management responsibilities, including:
- Hiring, developing and leading a high performing team
- Mentoring, coaching, and guiding professionals with the purpose of developing a pipeline of Top Talent
- Direct and help develop team goals, objectives, and performance expectations
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- 7+ years of experience in Finance related roles
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree / CPA a plus
- Ability to think strategically and understand the broader view. Demonstrates an understanding of the long-term, "big picture" view of needs and opportunities.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships, including the ability to influence, negotiate and manage conflicts effectively and constructively with clients, vendors, and peers.
- Effectively communicating and presenting complex financial data (both verbally and written) to influence all levels and global audiences; helps others understand financial data and translate it into actionable business insights.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritization and time allocation.
- Knowledge of the business and the key internal and external drivers that affect the business, including financial, political and industry trends.
- Experience developing, coaching and mentoring others
- Understanding of general financial principles, accounting, and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and how to apply these principles.
*This position is NOT eligible for sponsorship*