Supervisor - Service Request Center - Security * Shift Varies - 40hrs/wk.
Provides direct supervision for personnel to ensure efficient and productive operations. Oversees all SRC activities and systems including Amcom, HUGS, FireWorks, Lenel intrusion, cameras, card access, and duress, Emergency phones, TMS, Nurse Call system, Awarix, MinuteMan, ID badges, and Conference room scheduling.
- Ability to use computerized systems, printers, typewriter, copy machines, calculators, and security cameras.
- Bachelors degree required
- Medical terminology and computer training.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well with employees, supervisors, and director.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees training switchboard operators, dispatch operators, and service center clerks on all SRC operations & systems including department and hospital procedures.
- Maintains hospital and personnel policies and training manual for service request center personnel.
- Manages different department’s on call schedules, updating of all SPOK info, and keeping accurate printed documents needed for daily operations.
- Provides an answering service for Community Clinic after hours and all plaza sites during power outages.
- Obtains and updates all necessary personnel phone numbers, names, & titles.
- Time-keeper for service request center and security employees
- Maintains rolodex and vacation schedules
- Responsible for completing switchboard and dispatch employees’ evaluations.
- Responsible for supervising all employees working within their work areas.
- Evaluate employees during their probationary period and annually and makes recommendations regarding pay for performance increases to the department manager.
- Conducts meetings with employees to discuss progress or changes that relate to their job or any changes of departmental and hospital policy as well as assisting with monthly and quarterly Security Lead and all staff meetings.
- Inspect all equipment to ensure that it is clean and in good working order.
- Evaluates work procedures and techniques and demonstrates when necessary and submits recommendations for changes and/or improvements relating to any job within their area of responsibility.
- Responsible for documentation, coaching, and disciplinary action with the approval of the Director. Keeps records of employee’s attendance & PTO.
- Attends seminars or lectures pertaining to hospital business as instructed by the department manager.
- Inspects quality of phone edict and customer service within their areas of responsibility and advises employees of any area that does not meet required standards.
- If the situation requires and the manager finds it necessary the supervisor will fill-in for the Lead & employees.
- Responsible for ensuring that employees tap in/out on time take their breaks at the correct time and do not over extend their break time refer employees to (EHS) in case of an on-the-job illness job incident.
- Revises assignments to off set employees absences or special projects also reports any problems or conflicts with employees to the department manager performs additional duties as instructed by the department manager.
- Anticipates customer needs and supervises all security services that are provided to all customers. Coordinates requests for services, information, records, and data on a timely basis and researches, investigates and resolves problems.
- Participates in ongoing quality monitoring, policy review, and process improvement activities related to service request center.
- Maintains and updates policy/procedure manuals and training manuals as required. Prepares, maintains, and submits reports. Maintains files and records.
- Ensures that required documentation for activities within areas of responsibility is performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee purchases and supplies for the department.
- Screens and interviews applicants.
- Continuous maintenance oversight of all systems and directories.
- Coordinates activities with Security Supervisor.
Requisition #: req2787FTE status: 1