Practice Supervisor Clinical - Endocrinology - Cascade * Days - 40hrs/wk
Under the direction of the Office Manager, the Practice Supervisor - Clinical coordinates activities of the practice and oversee clinical team members to ensure delivery of high quality care for patients. The Practice Supervisor - Clinical may be required to perform support level duties based on the operational needs of the practice site.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Flexibility to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to efficiently manage day-to-day operations, establish and maintain policies and procedures, and manage patient flow operations
- Ability to provide support, direction and development of staff
- Ability to skillfully handle issues of a sensitive nature with respect to confidentiality and organizational guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills such as word processing, electronic mail and electronic medical record (EMR)
- Certified/Registered Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or Registered Nurse (RN)
- Associates degree and/or 3 – 5 years of medical office experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with the Office Manager to coordinate daily clinical operations of the practice site and supervise clinical staff.
- Coordinates and assigns duties and tasks to clinical team members engaged in care of patients.
- Monitors daily performance of clinical team members to ensure duties are completed accurately, efficiently and timely.
- Oversees the orientation of new staff assuring competency is achieved.
- Provides input to Office Manager on performance of clinical team members after 30 days, 90 days and annually as needed.
- Educates staff on clinical practice guidelines, protocols and policies related to patient care.
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions to clinical team members.
- Maintains adequate clinical supplies; inventories stock and orders supplies.
- Coordinates meetings with clinical personnel to coordinate care, disseminate information and solicit input from personnel.
- Supports and assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives to enhance regulatory compliance and clinical care.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req7188FTE status: 1