Job title: Sr. Portfolio Management Coach
Department: IT Agile Transformation Office
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need:
We are looking for a skilled coach to join the Agile Transformation Office. The successful candidate would be confident partnering across business and technology teams to improve effectiveness of Agile practices at the Delivery, Product, and Portfolio team layers.
What’s special about this team:
The Agile Transformation Office is tasked with advancing Agile methodologies throughout the Enterprise. The team consists of Program Management, Product Management, Change Management, Portfolio Management, and Technical Coaches. This role will report directly to the Agile Transformation Manager.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will be accountable for coaching and building competencies in the system of delivery and portfolio management space of the Agile transformation which includes: ensuring cohesive flow and dependency management, providing necessary continuity concerning best practices around Agile transformation, enabling backlog clarity in the roadmaps to be able to make informed trade off decisions for what to deliver across the enterprise. In this role, you will be expected to perform the
- Coach and enable delivery and portfolio teams to create well-formed backlogs with value-orientation that support the strategic roadmap.
- Ensure portfolio teams are prioritizing epics through cost of delay / techniques and assessing epic risk, all of which are being reviewed early and often.
- Coach teams to ensure cohesive flow and dependency management.
- Provide necessary continuity concerning best practices around Agile transformations.
- Train and coach leaders on creating conditions of success for high-performing Agile teams.
- Facilitate and coach big-picture exercises like Value Stream Mapping, Opportunity Canvas, Story Map, Journey Mapping.
- Train and coach portfolio team members to optimize the flow and delivery of business value by applying lean techniques such as limiting work in progress, reducing batch sizes, reducing holding costs and evaluating the marginal value of the backlog work items.
- Build a customer-centric culture across teams through user workshops, persona analysis, design workshops, continuous feedback and other customer-centric design practices.
- Train and coach Agile team members on Agile ceremonies and team responsibilities and activities.
- Facilitate/coach use of operational metrics and data visualization to plan, report progress, and make data-driven prioritization decisions at the delivery, program and portfolio levels.
- Enable continuous improvement by training teams to assess their Agile maturity and build coaching plans to achieve to higher levels of maturity.
- Train skills to track and remove impediments to transformation; managing resistance with humility, empathy and diplomacy.
What skills and background will be important to be successful:
- At least 5 years of experience coaching teams and/or facilitating training
- Experience in one of the following disciplines: Lean, Six Sigma, Agile (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship*