Routing deliveries within the Food Service industry is a unique, ever-changing challenge and opportunity for improvement. Our dedicated fleet are committed to achieving excellence through on time delivery service, efficiency of routes for our drivers, and optimal customer engagement.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM
Location: 300 GEZON PKWY SW, WYOMING, Michigan 49509-9300
Flexibility to work out of the following Distribution Centers: Kenosha WI, Douglasville GA, Brighton MI
Reporting to our US National Routing Analyst, our Routing Analyst will be engaged in the following:
- The subject matter expert in the routing space, supporting multiple divisions with insights/methodologies resulting in improved transportation efficiencies and reduce costs, while maintaining a high customer service level. Insights would include proposed strategic adjustments to "planned/skelton routes" and/or development methodologies that direct the divisional routers toward efficiency as they perform the daily balance.
- Will lead effective use (best practice) of the GFS analytic tools to analyze distribution cost and service levels. Tools include Roadnet, modeling of data in spreadsheet.
- Assist in the divisions with development of transportation efficiency action plans, which will be inclusive of financial impacts.
- Will interface with all levels of the organization from local dispatchers to directors (DOTs/DOWs/DOFs) and GMs to communicate/assist with the implementation of action plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business management
- 2-5 years routing experience within the wholesale distribution industry
- Experience with a large company is necessary
- High preference for those with Food Service industry experience
- RoadNet software experience is preferred
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and keys to driving are essential
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers. Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words “Accommodation Request” in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free.
Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.