Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab * Days - Resource
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology or closely related field with core curriculum in cardiac rehabilitation preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology preferred.
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in adult fitness with one (1) year in Cardiac Rehabilitation strongly preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) provider and current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider required.
- Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP) or American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) strongly preferred.
- Possess thorough knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology particularly of ischemic heart disease.
- Population Specific Competency: ability to effectively interact with populations of patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
- Conducts cardiovascular disease risk factor evaluations.
- Reviews patient history and functional capacity GXT test results in order to develop individualized exercise prescriptions. Adjust and updates exercise prescriptions according to orthopedic, heart rate/rhythm, vital signs, O2 saturation or other issues that may arise.
- Provides patient education and counseling and assists patients with developing strategies for behavioral modification.
- Performs graded exercise stress testing procedures in accordance with ACC/AHA/AACVPR guidelines.
- Perform adult 12 lead electrocardiograms and monitor exercise session ECGs.
- Monitors and records resting, exercising, and recovery vitals.
- Provides guidance and assistance in ambulating the patient.
- Records required strength training exercises and modify patients with incorrect technique and/or gait form.
- Document concise, accurate and timely information in the patient care record in accordance with established policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations that govern them.
- Identifies patient with symptoms and/or values that are out of range or experiencing condition changes and notifies the Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Coordinator. Assist in providing direct patient care for patients with signs/symptoms in need for urgent care.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may including but are not limited to: Maintaining a current knowledge base of use standards of care in professional practice, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req6123FTE status: 0
Provides clinical oversight for Cardiovascular Rehabilitation patients and participants enrolled in the Metro Health Phase I through Phase IV cardiovascular rehabilitation program. Performs graded exercise tests according to AHA, ACSM, and AACVPR guidelines.