This position supports Heartside staff and enriches neighbors by providing a clean and safe environment and by providing organized, consistent activities on a regular basis for members of our community, in order to foster relationships and share the compassion of Jesus Christ.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mel Trotter Ministries Staff Attributes
We expect all staff to project and exemplify passion to a faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests, to be humble, supportive team players, who acknowledge their own gifts and those of others, are truthfully transparent, seek input from others, admit and learn from mistakes, are highly coachable and approachable. We expect a hungry, innovative, goal-oriented, eager contributor, who shows a dedicated work ethic. We expect our staff to exhibit empathy, compassion, active listening, to be self- aware, sensitive across racial, class and cultural lines, ethical, and approachable. We look for work habits of punctuality, dependability, accountability, responsibility, cooperation, team participation, integrity, problem solving, and overall positivity. These attributes, combined with the performance of one’s duties and achievement of goals will be equated with the quality of one’s overall job performance. Please refer to them often and feel free to ask for feedback on these areas regularly.
· Assistance at the reception desk as well as helping in the coffee area, art studio, and chapel.
· Interacting positively with staff, visitors, and neighbors, providing information about Heartside Ministry.
· Assisting staff, neighbors, and management throughout the building and grounds as needed.
· Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
· Build relationships with neighbors and advocate for their needs
· Proficient computer skills to include an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Highly organized
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred
· Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
· Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
· Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
· Able to use fine motor hand functions
· Ability to work outdoors and to use tools to remove snow