Workstation Technician 2 * Days Monday -Friday 40hrs /wk
Install, modify, and make repairs to Information Technology hardware and software systems, and provide advanced technical assistance and training to system users. Ensure daily activities support and align with the strategic vision of Metro Health and the Information Technology Department.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Workstation Technician or similar position
- Previous experience installing and repairing desktop equipment and peripherals.
- Thorough knowledge of computer operating systems
- Able to multi-task
- Able to conduct research into a wide range of PC software and hardware related issues
- Possesses and maintains working knowledge of software and hardware technologies
- Able to implement hardware and software upgrades and version changes
- Critical problem solver and thinker
- Able to absorb new information and learn quickly
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical assistance for Information Technology software and hardware.
- Provides Tier II and Tier III support levels.
- Directly interfaces with the Desktop Architecture Team for new configurations and troubleshooting of endpoints.
- Verifies that all assets serviced are accurately recorded in the asset management database; ensures all assets have an asset tag.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to Lead Technician as well as Manager – Technical Services.
- Utilizes problem request tracking system to manage support requests.
- Communicates with customers regarding support problems on a timely basis.
- Works with other departments to support Metro Health vision and strategy.
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning systems operations and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Supports Information Technology related projects as requested.
- Fills in for Service Desk staff when needed.
- On Call for after hours and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned. These may include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a current knowledge base of department processes, protocols and procedures, pursuing self-directed learning and continuing education opportunities, and participating on committees, task forces, and work groups as determined by management.
Requisition #: req6445FTE status: 1