Job title: Mobile Solution Architect
Team: Durables/Healthy Home
Salary Range: $95k and up, plus Bonus
Location: Ada, MI (Corporate)
What do we need:
We are looking for a Solution Architect for the Healthy Home app, a mobile application that controls our durables units via IoT technology.
What’s special about this team:
We have a high-performing, creative team that is well-versed in the Agile methodology. The Brand and Product Experience team consists of several teams working on specific projects tied to our Web Experiences and Internet of Things (IoT) efforts. These teams work very closely together to deliver world-class applications for our customers.
Our Delivery teams work in groups of 7-12 team members, and consist of professionals from both Information Technology and from the Digital team. The IT team is responsible for building the application, while the Digital team ensures that the features being built match the business need. This team engages in Peer Review and Paired Programming and enjoys a Continuous Improvement/Continuous Delivery environment and flexibility in terms of how they get work done.
You will report to the Manager of IT Brand and Product Experiences.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role you would be responsible for creating the architecture for the Healthy Home mobile application and coming up with solutions for any issues that come up and any enhancements that are needed. The Healthy Home mobile application will control our Atmosphere (Air) and eSpring (Water) filtration systems.
This role partners with the Digital Strategist and the Product Owner to determine which features will be implemented in the application. You will spend time consuming the user stories, breaking them down for the development team and putting them into actionable work for the developers. You will be communicating with the Digital members of the team, informing them on how the team is going to do the work from a technical perspective. In this role, hands-on development will not be a large part of your work.
Day to day, you would be:
- Working with the Digital team to determine the functionalities that the applications will need.
- Looking at our needs to ensure the correct solutions are being developed by the developers.
- Keeping on top of trends in the Internet of Things and mobile application space.
- Ensuring that the design of the program is addressing business needs while ensuring scalability and security.
Success in this role would consist of the design and implementation of your global solutions and on your effectiveness in ensuring that the Delivery team is building what the business is asking for.
What’s in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest IoT technologies, building and enhancing an app that millions of people across the world will use to make their lives healthier.
This is the right fit for you if:
- You have used your skills in mobile app architecture and development to develop a successful mobile application. Xamarin experience would be a big plus here.
- You have a passion for IoT/Connected Devices technology and want to use that passion to build awesome software.
- Experience working using Agile methodologies would be a definite plus, as that is how this team gets its work done.
- You have experience mentoring and coaching a development team.
*This role is not eligible for sponsorship*