Accounts Payable Clerk - Fiscal Services * Days - 40hrs/wk.
FTE status: 1
Work with minimum supervision. Processes payments to vendors and employees based on internal controls and policies. Good judgment decisions are necessary. Verify cost of products and units of delivery. Perform various accounting functions related to documents and expenditures. Review policies and procedures as they relate to financial accounts and IRS guidelines.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prioritize documents received from vendor. Prepare documents with account number, quantity and amount verification. Monitor expense account charges on all documents and authorization of such. Enter document PFM/PMM match system, including but not limited to purchased goods, services, utilities and reimbursements to employees and patients.
- A close working relationship with purchasing to resolve problems with PFM/PMM match system and sustain a good rapport with departments and vendors to meet their needs.
- Continuous auditing of independent contracts, physician contracts and leases, based on policies and government requirements.
- Balance and prepare month-end accounts payable reports for accountants and auditors. Balance accounts payable output daily. Knowledge of all accounts payable reports.
- General ledger knowledge and assisting accountants with month end reconciliations and analyzing of accounts for month end high and low usage. Journal entries prepared when required.
- Processing and understanding of capital project invoices.
- Understand and enter necessary tax information for related vendors according to IRS regulations for 1099 reporting.
- Process employee travel expenses (hotel accommodations, air fares, and registrations) concurrent with the travel policies.
- Reconciliation of corporate credit cards according to government regulations.