Financial Analyst - Senior - Fiscal Services * Days - 40hrs/wk.
Requisition #: req1897
FTE status: 1
Responsible for the production and analysis of complex reports of descriptive and analytic data in support of strategic and operational decision making and continuous quality improvement for the Metropolitan Health System. Conducts comprehensive data and trend analysis using the appropriate data sources and statistical and mathematical models. Presents results in written visual and/or oral form to a variety of audiences including administration and clinical staff. Additional responsibilities include management of the annual budgeting process, assistance with the month-end and annual financial close process, system application management, and coordinating projects within Fiscal Services. This position utilizes financial and statistical tools and techniques and requires a high level of personal computer skills, and interpersonal relationships with health system leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, or related field.
- A certified public accounting certificate and/or master’s degree is preferred.
- Three to five years experience with generally accepted accounting principles, statistical data collection and analysis, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Knowledge of health system regulatory guidelines, standards and experience in healthcare setting strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with computer applications specific to data mining, analysis, reporting and integration of data from source systems to report software.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills of database, graphic and statistical software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, HBI, HPM. Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Access, IDS, Crystal, PFM, PMM, EPIC, SQL, FRx, Laser Arc, and Monarch.
- Commitment to team support, participation and excellence.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priority projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates analytical and decision making skills to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for extended periods of time related to data extraction, form completion, data entry and editing with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with various levels of personnel, demonstrate tact and discretion when receiving and relaying information.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs and develops department cost studies for the MHC.
- Evaluates and accumulates overhead allocation statistics.
- Reconciles and analyzes actual cost versus standard cost on a quarterly basis.
- Available to assist Reimbursement Supervisor in the development and maintenance of MHC Chargemaster.
- Develops and produces routine and complex reports from EPSI and other Fiscal Services systems which require a high degree of system and data knowledge as well as analytical ability. Reports may include, but not limited to chargemaster analysis, product line analysis, financial and budgeted analysis, projected and retrospective review of new programs.
- Conducts comprehensive data and trend analyses using the appropriate data sources and statistical and mathematical models. Delivers and explains results to all levels of management for strategic and operational decision-making.
- Analyzes data integrity to maintain departmental standards of excellence and continuous quality improvement. Takes appropriate actions to ensure any data integrity problems are corrected and recommends ways to improve data quality through system enhancement or changes in data collection procedures.
- Participates in system-wide efforts to coordinate effective data collection and utilization within the Metro Health System.
- Serves as liaison to hospital management to answer, resolve or facilitate action on fiscal services related matters. Through this liaison role work with hospital management in the preparation and monitoring of their department budget, which includes FTE, revenue, expense and volume analysis. When requested assist management in the monthly review of their financial reports.
- Performs other duties and tasks that may be assigned or delegated.
- Coordinates data collection for all survey and statistic requests within the Hospital. Ensures validity of data requestor and integrity or data reported. Works with other departments as necessary to obtain and validate data. Participates in teams as they relate to developing and maintaining standards for statistical reporting throughout the hospital.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports data to the Michigan Hospital Association in the form of both clinical and financial data. On a quarterly basis or as needed, analyzes data for comparisons, trends and issues.
- Compiles market share reports from Michigan Hospital Association and other web based applications and deriving census market profiles.