Position Description: This position is responsible to accurately carry out quality assurance testing of construction materials in the laboratory given the specifications as outlined by the Client and/or Company and according to various industry standards. Upon accurate competition of tests, results are accurately recorded and submitted for review and processing.
Materials Testing Consultants, Inc. (MTC) is a multi-disciplinary firm that specializes in geotechnical engineering, construction materials engineering and testing, and environmental consulting. We provide service from both our corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and out of our South East office in Ann Arbor, Michigan; our services cover the entire Great Lakes Region. To learn more go to our website! www.mtc-test.com
- Perform quality assurance testing on concrete, soils, steel, and aggregates.
- Accurately perform compression strength testing of concrete cylinders.
- Accurately record test data.
- Proper maintenance of equipment.
- Perform other duties or functions as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School degree required; Associates or Bachelor degree with science focus helpful.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen, physical and background check.
- Ability to coordinate individual aspects of projects.
- Effective communication skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Frequent lifting and standing.
MTC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, paid vacation and paid holidays. MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.