Do you have a strong work ethic and high standard of integrity? Are you a natural leader who enjoys coaching and developing a team? Do you have the drive to run your own branch? Do you have experience with driving profits and expanding market share all with support of a corporate office and peers at other branches? If so ETNA Supply might be the place for you!
At ETNA our people are our biggest asset and share a common passion for customer satisfaction, which has helped shape us into the industry leader we are today. As a privately held, successful and growing company that prides itself on its financial stability, ETNA is able to offer an excellent total benefits package which includes the following: annual bonuses, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k with company match, paid time off, training and growth opportunities, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Responsible for developing, leading, and managing a business operation that meets or exceeds expectations for productivity, workflow, sales, profit margin, customer satisfaction, employee development and morale, and other key performance indicators by directing, coordinating and monitoring all branch operations and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Theseinclude the following and others may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of our customers by providing a positive customer experience.
- Effective leadership to meet or exceed branch performance goals.
- Effective leadership, activity coordination, supervision, development, morale, and retention of branch staff.
- Ensure branch customer needs are met, satisfaction is high, issues are resolved, and service is quick, accurate, and efficient.
- Ensure effective communication between branch staff, senior management, and other departments and branches.
- Determine needs and obtain, allocate, and efficiently use branch resources, including but not limited to, funds, equipment, information, materials, and people.
- Implement, support, enforce, and lead by example safety and the proper use of and compliance with company SOPs, policies, procedures, rules, standards, etc.
- Oversee organization and efficiency of warehouse storage and retrieval and all other branch processes.
- Call on house accounts and potential new customers and assist with other promotions and marketing activities of the branch and products sold.
- Immediately notify and bring to the attention of upper management all issues deemed extraordinary or urgent related to sales, customers, operations, employees, and safety.
- Confer with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in the area.
- Serve as a liaison between sales, customer service, manufacturers, vendors, branch staff, and others as needed.
- Schedule local deliveries.
- Perform bank deposits and other financial transactions as needed.
- Ensure administrative duties of the branch are completed timely, including but not limited to, approval of invoices for payment, timeclock tasks, performance reviews, reports and updates, etc.
- Lead branch safety meetings and foster a culture in which safety is a high priority.
- Work with appropriate departments to ensure the branch is in compliance with all federal, state, local, DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, and other laws and regulations.
- Maintain the safety, cleanliness, and maintenance of the facility and its equipment.
- Contribute to the team effort by assisting customers, processing orders, making deliveries, and any other tasks that need to be done.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Maintain up-to-date industry, product, technical, and job-related knowledge.
- Special projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Work safely.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to hiring and retention, performance reviews, training and development, and discipline.
- Directly supervises all operations employees for the particular branch.
- Indirectly supervises Customer Service employees for the particular branch.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the warehouse and yard layouts and the different types of product stocked.
- Strong knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, local, DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Basic business acumen.
- Effective computer skills in Eclipse and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective leadership, motivational, delegation, customer service, sales, communication, interpersonal, conflict management, problem solving, negotiation, decision making, judgment, organizational, and stress management skills.
- Set a positive example as the leader of the branch and maintain a professional image as a representative of the Company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as margin, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to accurately read maps.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Basic adding, subtracting, multiplication, and division skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from technical school; or
- Two years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
- Ability to pass operator exam and drive powered industrial equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving record
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to talk and hear; walk and stand, use arms and hands to finger, handle, grasp, and reach.
- Regularly required to sit; climb, bend, and stoop; push, pull, and carry; and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and a safe manner.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and 20 feet or more, and depth perception.
- Work performed primarily inside.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pass substance abuse screening.