Are you an experienced cloud architect/developer who can assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Do you like to work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption?
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon Lambda, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
· Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
· Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized
· Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
· Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
· Cloud experience
· Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Master’s Degree
· Computer Science or Engineering background
· Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Kubernetes
· Designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Cloud certifications
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
· Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation
· Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
· Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Go, etc.)
· Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
· Extracurricular software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age