Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.This position is an entry level role on the Merchandising Center of Excellence Analytics team. This role is responsible for applying analytics which will have a positive impact on sales, margin and profit performance of specific Merchandise areas.
What You'll be Doing:
- Responsible for delivering impact to the organization’s performance by: providing analytical support for Merchandising teams, executing against analytics-based business opportunities, through the application of analytic approaches & reports that improve the efficiency of the Merchandising organization.
- Apply quantitative methods, data mining, modeling, and analytical tools to solve business problems across Merchandising.
- Partner and Consult on report and tool solution designs that apply best in class analytics.
- Effectively communicate business analysis and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Keep customer at the center of analytic approach, analysis and solutions and partner with cross functional teams to drive customer centered focus at Meijer.
- Execute and update scorecards and partner with reporting teams to improve reporting effectiveness.
- Collaborate and build strong business relationships with Customer Marketing, Merchandising and Marketing teams to develop winning customer marketing solutions.
- Leverage disparate data sources for holistic understanding to solve complex business problems.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years business experience in an analytics field or related professional environment. Retail or Consumer facing industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL, SAS, Microstrategy or other programming language.
- Experience with applications used for analytical, quantitative, and to apply statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments solving complex and ambiguous business problems in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of the application of advanced analytics to drive sales and profit: data analysis, segmentation, clustering, simulation modeling, hypothesis testing, regression modeling, forecasting, predictive modeling, factor analysis.
- Strong work ethic.
- Implement existing processes, collaborate with senior team members and contribute to the team’s success.
- Ability to influence without authority in a cross functional team setup.
- Excellent communication skills: listening, verbal and written.
- Ability to develop communications and presenting to cross functional partners.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with ability to prioritize multiple/competing projects and assignments.