Currently, Meijer is looking for a Product Flow Line Team Leader. This role will be responsible for overnight supervision of store operations. In this position you will implement strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability through product stocking in store.
- Responsible for supporting achievement of sales, shrink and margin (P&L) throughout the store through execution of the Merchandising plan and for controlling labor in their area of responsibility.
- Reviews sales goals, supply costs, stock loss/shrink results and goals
- Delivers on Brand Promises through team execution; i.e., "Provide an easy shopping experience for our customers"
- Reviews daily inbound product flow in Grocery and General Merchandise Keys
- Writes 3rd shift GM and Food schedules according to Activity Based Labor (ABL) earned hours
- Maintains proper staffing levels on production shift
- Ensures team members are thoroughly trained in all aspects of their jobs and have completed all required training
- Cross-trains team members to allow flexibility in scheduling and assurance that required tasks are completed daily
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths and identifying development needs for team members
- Maintains Team Member performance reporting in the Grocery and General Merchandise production process
- Reviews daily schedules to work load
- Makes appropriate adjustments to daily staffing levels based on work load
- Monitors Team Member work practices and providing corrective action where necessary
- Maintains back room organization in Grocery and General Merchandise Areas
- Partners with peer leaders regarding inventory discrepancy and product flow issues
- Identifies business issues that impede labor control, profitability, customer service and in-stock position and taking the appropriate corrective action through communication and/or process improvement recommendations
- Maintains 100% ad in stock throughout the Grocery and General Merchandise Areas
- Ensures product rotation process meets corporate guidelines
- Maintains high sanitation levels throughout sales floor and backroom
- Reliable and consistent attendance required
- Promotes a safe work environment throughout the store
- Other daily tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of related experience in the retail industry preferred
- Experience within the following a plus: general merchandise, grocery, front end meat, bakery, produce and deli.
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict by addressing root cause issues
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial and statistical information and use that information to make informed decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead an organization that practices working safely at all times
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members
- Meijer Stocking Production System (MSPS) Training